El Quetzal (Beautiful songbird) – This aptly named vihuela is special in several ways. At first glance you will notice the front and back body edges are alternating maple and mahogany and the arrow rosette around the sound hole. However Mariachi teachers and players will appreciate the functionality of strap buttons, an additional 2 frets of tonal range (total of 6 frets), smooth action tuners. But most notably, this vihuela is equipped with the special H. Jimenez design rosewood Thunderwing™ bridge with saddle for optimum performance adjustability.
All H. Jimenez vihuelas ship with padded gig bag with logo and are covered by Limited lifetime warranty.
- Bridge – Specially designed H. Jimenez Thunderwing™ for deep booming bass response and for optimum performance
- Fingerboard – Natural Rosewood fingerboard with H. Jimenez logo lasered in the end
- Strap pins – Chrome strap pins installed for double attached straps (requested by Mariachi teachers)
- Edges – Traditional Mahogany and Maple edges with purfling
- Tuners – Smooth action butterfly style tuners
- Arrow sound hole rosette
- Deluxe padded black nylon logo bag is included with zipper pouch and shoulder straps
- Six frets for extra range